Friday, May 16, 2008

Why does the media love Apple and trash Dell? | Crave : The gadget blog

The story: Why does the media love Apple and trash Dell? | Crave : The gadget blog

I have owned an Apple, Dell, HP, and Gateway computer, and I have to admit that my two favorites (performance and tech support) have been the Apple and Dell computers. In fact, for the last 7 years, I've owned both. Simultaneously even. At work, I use a Dell work station and we have 2 Macs in the lab area.

Dell has never disappointed me in their service. I've done just about anything you can do to a computer, short of blowing one up, and Dell was always fast and responsive with their service.

We recently got rid of my old HP printer. When it was working, life was good. But I had several problems with it over the years and trying to get support from HP was always a frustration. My last support experience with them was so terrible, I gave up. I don't know if it was a language barrier issue or what, but it left me wanting more.

Every professional job I've had has required some amount of Support desk skills to varying degrees - from fielding easy 1st level calls, to troubleshooting n-tier server installs. I always try to be pleasant and understanding when I call for help. But bad service is just bad service.

I've been happy with Dell. The company has served me well and I have been a returning customer for my last 3 computers (and just for the record, they were all working fine, I just had outgrown them).

2 Comments:

At May 16, 2008 at 6:31 AM , Blogger peteej said...

Right there with you. I own a Dell and three macs. Prior to the Dell, I had a Gateway, which was a waste of my life. Ditto for HP products.

When my current Dell dies, I'm getting another, no question. Check out the Dell Outlet for awesome deals on refurb/sratch-and-dent/previously ordered new stuff. Great prices.

 
At May 16, 2008 at 7:15 AM , Blogger Legs said...

I've only had (don't laugh) a Compaq, a home grown and a Dell. Have to say I've been most happy with my Dell. That Compaq was...well...I try not to re-live that portion of my life so I won't go there. Our first family computer was some weird off brand, 'Geo-something' I think Santa got that at Sam's club or something.

I guess I'm kinda biased working for Dell, but I still haven't had a bad experience, in fact, I've never even had to call support. My parents buy Dell for their business as well.

Peteej- props for finding the refurb stuff.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home