Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Flashy flash flash

Earlier this week, I took a Flash CS3 class at New Horizons here in Gainesville. I was somewhat apprehensive as to how it would go. Images of my undergrad programming classes with 200+ students and lots of information crammed into "intro" courses had me in a cold sweat. The first time I took 'Intro to C' was a disaster and I got a D. (Thank God for FSU's policy about retaking classes.. I eeked out a C+ average.)

The experience was actually extremely pleasant. The class was very small - 4 students - and the instructor of the course - Vonne - was AWESOME. For a day and a half, I was able to learn more than I had from any book I had ever tried to learn from before. I was always able to get thru the first chapter or two of a flash book, and then got lost. Even Flash for Dummies! I thought I was just super stupid (SUPA STUPID! Remember that day w/ Illi, Earlene??). All it took was some dedicated time and a great teacher. (The class was actually a two day class, but on the first day, I got violently ill and spent half of the day at home hugging my toilet.)

Well, today, I will be posting a new COE flash banner. All of you who have been eagerly awaiting the new banner since the beginning of the semester should be pleased. I know there are probably a few things that could use some more finesse, but I'm pretty proud of myself, and you should be too.

My next goal is to take the COE's existing flash template and make it a little easier to navigate for a n00b (that's tech slang for a newbie, you non-techy kids). Next time, I will be able to get the new banner done in a flash.

Get it?? FLASH??!!

Har har har.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home